YaLa Project Manager
Want to Lead the Next Generation of Activists?
The Peres Center for Peace and Innovation is looking for a Project Manager to lead our YaLa Young Leaders program!
“YaLa Young Leaders” connects MENA-region change-makers through open-enrollment online capacity-building programming in Citizen Journalism and entrepreneurship with emphasis on cross-cultural exchange and dialogue between diverse participants. YaLa equips participants with practical skills through online lectures and workshops led by top-tier professionals.
● Recruitment of participants.
● Management of field personnel, including supervision, task delegation, and mentoring.
● Development and updating of educational content.
● Facilitating online and in-person program activities.
● Administrative work including budget planning and management, attendance tracking, monitoring and evaluation, and preparation of financial and narrative reporting.
● Coordinating and accompanying monitoring, evaluation and compliance activities with relevant professionals.
● Joint work with other departments in the organization and external project partners.
● Work in a multicultural environment.
● All work is carried out in English.
● Language Requirements: Hebrew – mandatory; English – mandatory; Arabic - an advantage.
● Familiarity/experience with peacebuilding, the Middle East, group facilitation, community management.
● Connection to the world of entrepreneurship, journalism, and/or online content production, and/or affinity for the values of the project ( activism, coexistence, social impact).
● Willingness to work outside traditional office hours to facilitate program activities as necessary (about twice per week).
● Strong interpersonal abilities, cultural awareness and sensitivity.
● Digitally oriented – strong familiarity with and control of various digital tools and social networks.
● Ability to manage and plan budgets.
● Ability to work both independently, and to lead and supervise a team.
● Ability to manage tasks simultaneously and to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
● Creative, outside-the-box thinker. Able to deal effectively with challenges.
● Thoroughness, assertiveness, strong time management skills and flexibility.
● Experience in project management and/or group facilitation (1-2 years) - an advantage.
Scope: This position is Part-time, with some hours required in evenings.
Location: The Peres Center for Peace and Innovation, Jaffa. The Peres Center works according to hybrid in-office and work-from-home schedules.
Start Date: Immediately
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate job title “YaLa Project Manager” in the email subject.